Owned and managed by Mrs. Preethy Thomas and her husband Mr. Uday Nazare, the Karithanam Ayurfarms Homestay, located in Vaikom, Kottayam, Kerala. This is the home of one of the ancient Syrian Christian families of Kerala. The name Karithanam means ‘the place where issues are heard and settled’. In total this is a Fusion Homestay.
With a total feel at home effect, this homestay offers its guests all the facilities that one could get at one’s home. They offer the following room options to choose from.
- Double Room both A/C and Non A/C
- Single Room both A/C and Non A/c
At Karithanam Homestay, one can enjoy and relax their nerves at their associate, Ennakkathara Ayurvedics. They take care of the guests wellness and rejuvenates them in a traditional ayurvedic way. For more than a century, the Ennakkathara family has mastered the Ayurveda and Marmani system of treatment. At first the physicians here would examine you and then would suggest you the best possible treatments that are suited for you.
- Very spacious and airy building which blends traditional and colonial Kerala architecture.
- The terrace here is ideal for performing the morning Yoga, having a Sunbath and for counting the stars at night
- Bringing the nature to your lap is the Atrium (Nadumuttom) that contains cute little fishes, tiny orange trees and plants with fragrant flowers
- Ample car parking facilities
- Wi-Fi facility
- Laundry services
- Well stocked Library
- In house cooking facilities
- Children play area
- Indoor and Outdoor games
- Traditional art performances like Kathakali, Koodiyattam, Thullal, Mohiniyattam etc.