Nadan Beaf Curry is one of the favorites family dish in Kerala
Nadan Beef Curry with porotta or chapathi or rice or tapioca.
1. Beef - 1 kg
2. Dry red chillies(Kollamulaku) - 8 nos
3. Coriander seeds - 3 tsp
4. Black Pepper - 1 tsp
5. Cinnamon(Karugapatta)(small) - 2 pieces
6. Cloves(Grambu) - 4 nos
7. Cumin seeds(Jeerakam) - 1 tsp
8. Pearl onions(Kunjulli) - 1 cup
9. Onions(big) - 2 nos
10. Garlic pods(small) - 10 nos
11. Ginger - 1 big piece
12. Green chillies - 2 nos
13. Tomatoes - 2 nos
14. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
15. Coconut oil - As reqd
16. Salt - As reqd
17. Curry leaves - 1 stem
1) Heat oil in a frying pan.
2) Fry the dry red chillies and keep aside.
3) Fry coriander seeds, till its aroma comes out and keep aside.
4) Fry black pepper, cinnamon sticks, cloves and cumin seeds together and set aside.
5) Stir fry pearl onions, till they turn brown.
6) Blend all these fried ingredients in a mixer grinder.
7) Pressure cook chopped beef with turmeric powder, salt and the blended mixture.
8) Stir fry onions in the pan, till brown followed by green chillies, crushed garlic and ginger and chopped tomatoes.
9) Add these to the cooked beef and boil well.
10) When the curry turns brown, turn off the flame.
11) Garnish Nadan Beef Curry with curry leaves, coriander leaves and a spoon of coconut oil.
12) Enjoy the Nadan Beef Curry with porotta or chapathi or rice or tapioca.